Your little black dress is probably one of the most important pieces in your closet. Unfortunately, as time passes, it might not have the same pizzazz that it once did. Luckily for you, there are ways you can glam up your dress so that it does not look its age.
- Cinch your waist. A metallic belt or other eye-catching belt added to the small of your waist can make your black dress more stylish. It also serves to make you appear smaller, while calling attention to your curves.
- Add an embellishment. Little touches, such as a brooch or a lace collar, can help you update your dress with very little effort and time.
- Wear a brightly colored coat. A colored coat can help jazz up a plain black dress. The coat can take attention away from the plainness of your dress and bring the focus on the color pop from the coat.
- Change up your hairstyle. You and your black dress are a total package. If you want to refresh its look, think about refreshing yours. You do not even have to cut your hair. Try an up-do style or add some color to it.
- Wear patterned tights. The addition of tights to your look is simple and effortless. If you do opt for the patterned tights, be careful with your other accessories. Too many accessories combined with the tights can be too much.
- Get a new neckline. Changing up your neckline can change the appearance of your little black dress. For instance, if you have a crew neckline, you can make it a square cut or V-neck line with very little effort.
- Wear a statement necklace. A statement necklace, such as an extra long necklace with an eye-catching pendant, can draw attention away from your dress and make your necklace and face the focal point instead.
- Add a blazer. A blazer or cardigan on your little black dress can help to tone down your overall look and give you a more relaxed appearance. For the ultimate relaxed look, carry a large canvas bag with it.
The best way to discover how to make your little black dress look more updated is to experiment. You probably own all of the accessories you need to get the most out of your dress. If you are still not happy with your look, think about buying a new little black dress. To get started, check out retailers like Mommy In Heels LLC.